With more than 30 years of legal experience in and out of the courtroom, Kansas City personal injury attorney Kirk Presley serves clients facing the most complex and significant plaintiff's personal injury cases involving insurance bad faith, transportation accidents, and aviation accidents. Kirk Presley’s litigation practice seeks to help his clients while applying pressure on industries that have a history of wrongful and negligent actions.
While volunteering with Trial Lawyers Care, Kirk represented five clients with claims before the Victim’s Compensation Fund following the 9/11 attacks including one recovery in excess of $4,000,000.
- Missouri, 1983
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, 1983
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1983
- Drury College, Bachelor of Arts, 1980
- Drury University’s Distinguished Alumni Award for Community Service in 2009
- UMKC Law Foundation’s President’s Award in 2007
- Pat Kelly Service Award in 2012.
- Named as one of The Best Lawyers in America© in the specialty of personal injury litigation since 2009.
- Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005 – 2013
- Chosen Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal, 2002 to Present
- UMKC Law Foundation, Trustee, Director, & Vice President of Development
- American Association for Justice, Member (Product Liability and Aviation Sections)
- American Association for Justice-Carbon Monoxide Litigation Group, Former Chairman
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Sustaining Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Tort Law Committee, Former Chairman
- LEAP Foundation, Trustee and Director
- Drury University, Trustee & Director
- Trial Lawyers Care
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Litigation Group, Former Chairman
- National Fire Protection Association Member
- Bacchus Foundation, Former President & Board Member
- Young Benefactors of the Missouri Repertory Theater, Former Board Member
- Closing Argument (Chapter 11), Missouri Trial Tactics Handbook, 1986
- Carbon Monoxide: Stalking the Silent Killer, Trial Magazine
- Trial Magazine, The ATLA Aviation Section Newsletter, as well as MATA and KCMBA publications.
- Lowery v. Horvath, 689 S.W. 2d 625 (Supreme Ct. of Mo. 1985)
- Augspurger v. MFA Oil Company, 940 S.W. 2d 934 (Mo. Ct. of Appeals 1997)
- Purtell v. Cunningham, 1396 CC 068083
To reach Attorney Presley and schedule a free case consultation, call our firm now at (855) 981-6116.