Involvement in a truck accident will require smart action on your part as you file a liability claim. As a truck accident victim, it is important to be vigilant during each step of the process to help file a comprehensive and powerful personal injury claim.
Ideally, a truck accident claim will hold all liable parties responsible and get you and other injured parties full and just compensation. At Presley & Presley, LLC, our Kansas City truck accident lawyers want to help you be prepared for the filing process and know what to expect.
Get Prepared to File
Here are some steps you will want to take if you plan on filing a truck accident claim:
- Contact the police and let them know about the accident.
- Collect information from the truck driver, including name, insurance information, name of the trucking company, license plane, and contact information.
- Get contact information of witnesses.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the surrounding area.
- Collect any other pieces of evidence that can be valuable for building a claim.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
Who Should Be Held Responsible?
When it comes to truck accidents, who is liable is often ambiguous. It may seem obvious to hold the actual driver responsible, and it very well may be that simple. In other cases, however, other parties may be involved and part of the cause.
If the reason for the crash was an issue with the truck itself, the manufacturer or leasing company could be held responsible for negligent inspection, improper maintenance, or faulty manufacturing. Other parties, such as the distributor, loading company, or employer, can also be held responsible.
Our firm is here to help you hold the liable party responsible and guide you through each step of the process. We can assist with all of the following:
- Gathering evidence
- Completing all necessary paperwork
- Taking other steps in the claims’ process
Filing a truck accident claim is a complex process and we are ready to help you secure the full and just compensation you deserve. Contact our Kansas truck accident attorneys to hold the liable party responsible.